Monday, April 2, 2012

April Spotlight Parent

SLI is pleased to continue our new feature called: Spotlight Parent.

This month we would like to introduce you to Rosa Bahena, a parent from Edwards School!


Recently, our Family Engagement team had the opportunity to sit down with Rosa. Here is what she had to say....

SLI: Rosa, How did you become involved with SLI?
RB: I attended the parent workshops at Edwards School. I was invited by Principal Judy Sauri to become a volunteer parent facilitator with SLI. I became aware of how important it is to be a part of SLI.

SLI: Why do you feel our work is important?
RB: The SLI workshops are very important, because without them, we would not learn so many things to help our children.  For example, I learned how to help my children with homework or science projects etc. This is why the workshops are very important to me, so I can continue learning and practicing with my children.

SLI: Tell us something interesting about yourself.
RB: I am very friendly. I like to share with others. Most importantly, I like to volunteer at my children's school.

No comments:

Post a Comment